A Program of the Carlsbad Educational Foundation:
For 21 years, CEF has delivered high quality, licensed childcare for students at Carlsbad’s nine elementary schools. This program currently cares for more than 600 students and is known throughout Carlsbad for its experienced childcare staff, varied enrichment offerings and convenient, on-site locations.
Licensing and Staff
Kids’ Care is licensed by the County of San Diego Community Care Licensing according to State of California Title 22. Kids’ Care teachers are chosen for their experience working with children, and must have college course units in the field of Education and/or Recreation. All staff members are offered ongoing training in Communication, Curriculum, Discipline and First Aid/CPR certification.
Hours of Operation
Monday–Friday (daily when CUSD is regularly in session)
7:00 am–6:25 pm
Additionally, holiday and vacation care are often made available.
- Enrichment: Mad Science workshops, Abrakadoodle art classes, Coast2Coast Soccer and Super Moverz sessions are offered throughout the year at no additional cost to families;
- Homework Club: offered Monday through Thursday with one-on-one help and monitoring as needed;
- Art: collage, painting, sculpture and more;
- Crafts: crochet, mobiles, masks, puppets, sewing, card making and beading;
- Music: dance, singing, free expression;
- Outdoor/indoor activities to meet social and physical needs: sports, organized team games, board games;
- Science: astronomy, physics, nutrition and gardening;
- Service Projects: canned food drive, senior center projects.
Information on program availability and registration can be obtained by calling the CEF office.