Continuing to Make a Real Impact and Promoting Educational Excellence During the 2010-11 School Year!
Since 1983, the Carlsbad Educational Foundation has been working hard as an independent non-profit organization with one mission-to raise private support for public school programs in the Carlsbad Unified School District.
In the upcoming school year, the Carlsbad Educational Foundation will be funding nearly half a million dollars towards student programs through the generous support of corporations, foundation grants, special events, and individuals like you!
Grants include $253,000 in funding for district-wide music at all nine elementary schools for weekly core music classes and new musical instruments in each school!
$176,000 in funding for hands-on science programs including:
- A FIRST LEGO League Robotics team or club at every school with the support of a grant from the Life Technologies Foundation
- A Science Olympiad program at all three middle schools and Carlsbad High School with the support of grants from the McCarthy Family Foundation and the Beckman Coulter Foundation
- New and engaging supplies for all three middle schools’ science labs for more hands-on experiments with the support of a donation from ViaSat
- Annual science lab repairs of microscopes & balances with the support of a donation from Time Warner Cable
- New computers for all five science labs at CHS along with other crucial science lab upgrades
Did You Know?
Every dollar you give to the Carlsbad Educational Foundation goes to support local students! Our Kids’ Care and Enrichment Programs generate the revenue to cover our operating expenses so every donation can impact local students.
In addition to funding great programs across the school district, the Foundation operates the Kids’ Care childcare program at each elementary school. This high-quality, onsite, licensed childcare program ensures that working parents have a safe and affordable learning environment for their children throughout the year from 7 am to 6:25 pm.
The Carlsbad Educational Foundation also operates an annual Summer Enrichment Program each June and July—offering more than two dozen half-day enrichment programs designed specifically to inspire and teach students ages 5 to 14 in the areas of science, music, technology, and the arts.
How You Can Help
- Make a donation to our Annual Fund Drive in October
- Volunteer to be part of one of our programs or help with one of our special events
- Help spread the word about the Foundation and our efforts to support educational excellence in our schools.
- For more information about the Carlsbad Educational Foundation or to support Carlsbad schools, please visitwww.CarlsbadEd.org or call us at (760) 929-1555.