BEFORE-AND-AFTER-SCHOOL CHILD CARE
The Carlsbad Educational Foundation’s Kids Care program delivers high-quality, state-licensed childcare for students at Carlsbad’s nine elementary schools. Kids Care currently enrolls more than 800 students, and it is known throughout Carlsbad for its experienced childcare staff, varied enrichment offerings and convenient, on-site locations.
Hours of Operation
Monday–Friday (daily when CUSD is regularly in session)
7 a.m. – 6:25 p.m.
Holiday and summer care are also available.
Licensing and Staff
Kids’ Care is licensed by the County of San Diego Community Care Licensing according to State of California Title 22. Kids’ Care teachers are chosen for their experience working with children and must have college course units in the field of Education and/or Recreation. All staff members are offered ongoing training in Communication, Curriculum, Discipline and First Aid/CPR certification.
- Homework Club: Supervised homework times Monday through Thursday, with staff available for assistance.
- Enrichment Classes: Specialty programs related to science, art, the outdoors, and more taught by outside experts. Classes are site-specific and topics change based on student interest.
- Arts & Crafts: painting, sculpting, paper mache, and more
- Music: dance, singing, free expression
- Physical Activity: outdoor/ indoor sports, games, gardening, and field activities to meet physical and social needs
- STEAM Activity: programs and lessons in the areas of Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math
100% of Kids Care proceeds benefit the Carlsbad Unified School District for programs in music, science, and educational innovation.